Folklore Village is a nationally recognized folk arts and culture center dedicated to enriching lives through time-honored traditions. Since 1968, thousands of people of all ages have come to Folklore Village to gather with friends, meet new people, to eat, dance, sing and play. Come study with a master fiddler… sing with a gospel choir… dance until midnight… learn to make a basket… feast on jambalaya… join a back porch jam session… plant prairie flowers… or picture yourself as a student in a real 1890 schoolhouse… pass it on.
It’s our 2020 – 2021 Annual Fund Drive! And we’re celebrating 50 years as an organization. Help ensure Folklore Village is here for another 50 years!
This year’s thank-you gifts include a Folklore Village 50th anniversary bookmark for all. Donors of $100 or more will receive “Journey Around the Sun,” a CD of traditional and contemporary acapella songs performed by our very own Johanna Gorman-Baer and Disa Carneol. Singing in another 50 years at Folklore Village!
Ongoing: Friends of Folklore Village Quilt Raffle! Prizes to be drawn on Jane Night – January 23, 2021.
More info HERE
December 1 Open Mic
December 17 Comfort & Community: Wisconsin Food Traditions
December 29-January 1: Festival of Christmas & Midwinter Traditions ONLINE
Please read these important announcements from the Folklore Village Board of Directors:
• A special message from the board regarding the rights of all peoples: click HERE
• Special Notice regarding upcoming Folklore Village Events: click HERE
• General Statement Concerning the COVID-19 Pandemic: click HERE
- The Folklore Village Board of Directors has recently approved a COVID-19 Safety Plan, and will make decisions on individual events on an ongoing basis. To see a letter from the Board President, please click HERE.
- To see the complete plan, please click HERE.
Speaking of the Board of Directors, they are currently accepting applications for board positions. Here’s a letter from Board President, Maria Terres, inviting you to join this tremendous team now, and be a part of the future of Folklore Village! If interested, send a note to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Directions for getting here via the new Exit 52 on Highway 18/151.