“Folklife – Your Life!”
A distinctive, enriching, and fun field trip for schools, camps, or youth groups!
This engaging, hands-on educational program provides an opportunity to discover the world of folklife. Folklife is an important part of every person’s life–it involves the way we celebrate holidays, our family stories, the songs we sing and much more.
All sessions are designed to help children learn more about themselves, their families, and their communities, and to inspire an appreciation for traditions and heritage. Our program is geared toward elementary-age students.
Goals for your students:
- Learn what folklore is, why it is important and how to participate in tradition in daily life.
- Gain a greater understanding of yourself and your family.
- Gain a greater appreciation for the distinctiveness of others and their folklife traditions.
- Have a positive experience in a variety of folklife activities, including many representing the traditions and histories of the Driftless Region of Southwest Wisconsin.
“Folklife – Your Life!” is available as an on-site field trip and as an interactive, virtual learning experience hosted over Zoom. Click the links below to read about these field trip options:
How to Schedule a Program
Contact us at (608) 924-4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the rotations you would like to include, the number of students and grade level. We will work with you to create an enriching, fun, and fantastic program!
Additional Resources for Educators
Want to bring folklife learning into your classroom? Check out these packets for information, ideas, and sample assignments:
- Teacher Resources & Sample Assignments
- Using Folklore in the Classroom
- Teaching Folklore Research Skills
Interested in joining Folklore Village as a school programs instructor? Check out our employment opportunities here!